Rice Cooking Directions : Cooking Green Beans : Fish For Cooking
Rice Cooking Directions
- Rice is a cooking term meaning to pass food through a food mill or "ricer", which comes in several forms.
- A course along which someone or something moves
- The course that must be taken in order to reach a destination
- (direction) a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn't know the way home"
- (direction) the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves; "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- A point to or from which a person or thing moves or faces
- (direction) a general course along which something has a tendency to develop; "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
Tteokbokki / Stir-fried Korean Rice Cakes + Preparation Directions
When ER, Rika and I shopped at this Korean shop at North Canal Road, the lady shopkeeper was pretty attentive. When I spoke to her in English, she said,” Jiang hua yu, hao ma?” Why not? She is good in Mandarin and gave me clear instructions when asked.
Well, rice cakes caught my eyes when we were making payment. So, we decided to buy it when we found out there was pre-mixed sauce at the store. A kilo of cylindrical rice cakes came in two solid slabs. Separating each rice stick from the clumps took some effort, ER did the task. And two packets of hot sauce weighing 150g each were needed to cook a kilo.
Cooking was easy. First, blenched the rice noodles with boiling water, drained and tossed them with cooking oil, set aside till needed. Take care though, this rice noodles cooked very fast, within minutes. Next, I had Stir-fried some leaves of long cabbage, carrots and Chinese mushrooms to go with it. In the same pan, without oil, I had warmed up the hot sauce with 1 cup of hot water added in [add in more water if you like the sauce to be runny], at this point, the noodles were returned to the pan and turned to coated well with sauce. Cooked vegetables were added in. Lastly, I had added in one teaspoon of sesame oil for extra flavour. If you have toasted sesame seeds, sprinkle some on the rice noodles and serve.
My Cooking 1
I made this main dish of "Roasted Beets 'n' Sweets"
Roasted Beets 'n' Sweets
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hour
READY IN 1 Hour 15 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 6 servings
* 6 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
* 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
* 1 large sweet onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, toss the beets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
4. Bake beets 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet. Continue baking 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
cooking large group recipes
cooking fresh turkey
smart cooking 1
cooking chinese food
chicken cooking temperature internal
cooking tour of italy
cooking classes in manhattan
best dry white wine for cooking
on cooking fourth edition
cooking whole prawns